Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coldplay

Just writing about the concert:

Coldplay was amazing. So worth going down to see them. I made it to the concert before they opened the lawn so we got pretty good seats and it was a nice venue (typical covered seats with open lawn behind it but they had screen for the lawn to watch). We started just relaxing waiting for the openers. Weather was great. The first opener was not that great and then Pete Yorn came on. He didn't really get it done for me either but he set the mood and the crowd really started pouring in during his set. During Pete Yorn's set my butt started hurting from sitting so I laid down and just stared into the sky listening to music. It was very relaxing and really cleared my mind from the hectic work week I had. While laying down, an older couple brought their chairs and sat down in a spot that was barely big enough for both of them. Thanks for crowding me. These people were old enough to be my parents. After they got settled I noticed the lady decided to light up a cigarette. But while laying there people watching I realized she wasn't smoking this like a regular cigarette (chin down, quick lights, and cig covered in whole hand). The old couple came to smoke a joint. They were the first pot heads of the night. Shortly after Coldplay started their set and instantly the rest of the lawn lit up and produced a nice cloud of marijuana.

Coldplay put on a great show. The crowd was very into it and sang along a lot. Viva la Vida was fun to sing along with. They use lasers, and blow up balloons, and paper butterflies, and live video editing to keep you entertained. I was tripping from the light shows without smokin' so I can only imagine what the experience was like with "sense enhancement". I really enjoyed all the songs but "Lovers in Japan" and "Yellow" were definitely the best of the night. If you are not familiar with these songs they are posted below. At the end of the night Chris Martin, lead singer who gives his all into the performance, announced we were all going to receive a free copy of their new CD "Left Right Left Right Left". Sure enough as we walked out they were passing them out to each outstretched hand. Great ending to one of the best concerts I have ever seen. As Lacey as already posted on her blog, you can download it for free from their website. But please note that i had it before you did because I am like this "" with the band. (I crossed my fingers inside the quotes and moved them in a "more than friends" manner).




2 comments:

  1. Man, I'm so jealous you saw them! I know the concert was absolutely amazing. When I saw them this year, I was blown away by how good they were. I mean I've always loved Coldplay, and I expected good things from their concert, but it exceeded my every expectation! I'm so glad you got to go! And I am totally jealous of your CD. Even though I downloaded it, it's way better that you have an actual copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, their concerts are so amazing. There's so much energy and enthusiasm that doesn't really make it through on the albums.

    I'm excited about seeing them in July. I'm really glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete