Thursday, May 28, 2009

Old and ashamed

Yesterday I left straight from work to meet some random guys from work to play flag football. After reading Eric's blog I found out that this grants me a punch on my Man Card. I imagine you receive 9 punches on your man card then you get 1 freebie. That freebie could then be used to do something very feminine without repercussions. I plan on redeeming mine to wear a pair of gauchos pants. Those things look so comfortable. (By the way I have a whole room full of man cards that I am saving for retirement so that I can mess with the public at large. I could pull some awesome old man pranks if I have no shame) Back to the football: So I showed up and didn't know anyone. I introduced myself and went through the scouting session. They wanted to know if I had any skills. I don't like to brag but I will so that there is more to read. I played like a Heisman trophy winner. Not really but I did play pretty well only throwing 1 horrible pass (so bad that everyone including me instantly started laughing) and missed 1 catch. I finished with 1 of the 4 touchdowns (had another but they lied and said I was tackled before the goal line). Today they sent out another email stating how well the new guy played and about the next game in 2 weeks. I can't wait. If anyone remembers playing with me in college on the intramural fields they know how much I love football. Well today I am paying for my fun. My hips, back, and legs hurt. This is probably because I haven't run/worked out in about 1 month. I have let things slide recently but about to get back on the bandwagon. Thinking about joining the gym so that I can start swimming again. Will probably go sign up next week. Few people know that I am a mini Michael Phelps.

The ashamed part of the title comes in now. Today is the spelling bee on ESPN. I hate this because every single kid in that competition is a better speller than me and I have a college degree. The only thing worse then my spelling is probably my grammar. I need to teach my monkey perfect grammar and make him memorize the dictionary/thesaurus. Then I could sneak him in to work and we could hang 24/7.


This is an actual picture of me in Gauchos.
I want to apologize to all the good writers and spellers that read this blog that suffer through my writing. I hope that it is worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Soooooo, the only thing I have to ask about this blog is....where'd you put your penis when you took that picture of you in the gauchos? Or maybe.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY worth the grammatical errors! Especially when you write about the monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. miriam, he is not a dude. matt, i loved playing flag football with you back in the day. you are a champion.

    ReplyDelete